MARIGOT:--- In Saint-Martin, 43 new cases were registered. This brings to 256 the number of accumulated coronavirus cases confirmed by PCR tests as of September 4, 2020. To date, 107 people are cured.
CH Louis-Constant Fleming is very mobilized for crisis management. As of September 4, 15 confirmed patients Covid-19 are being hospitalized in medical service in the establishment. Two people are hospitalized in Guadeloupe's CPU resuscitation service. In Saint-Barthélemy, 3 new cases were registered. This brings the number of accumulated coronavirus cases confirmed by PCR tests to 21 Actions since August 29th:
• Number of tests:
- In Saint-Martin, an additional 194 tests were carried out in the laboratory and in the hospital, with a total number of 3039 tests carried out.
- In Saint-Barthélemy, an additional 87 tests were carried out in the lab and hospital, with a total of 2 tests carried out.
In case of suspected contamination, with or without symptoms, it is imperative not to travel to your doctor's office. He needs to be reached in advance by phone.
• Strengthening test capacity:
A drive will be operational at Louis Constant Fleming hospital in Saint-Martin from September 10th (from 8 am to 12 pm) with a capacity of 50 samples/day.
The ARS closely follows the indicators put in place for the monitoring of deconfinement:
• The impact rate that measures the number of positive people in Covid-19 out of 100 inhabitants over a week period. Two thresholds are set, a threshold of vigilance of 10/100 inhabitants and an alert threshold of 50/100 inhabitants. High incidence reflects cluster development or active viral circulation.
In Saint-Martin, this incidence rate is 120,97 / 100 inhabitants, well above the alert threshold.
In Saint-Barthélemy, this incidence rate is 31,27 / 100 inhabitants above the threshold of vigilance.
• The positivity rate that measures the number of people positive for Covid-19 / the number of tests carried out over a week. Two thresholds are set, a 5 % vigilance threshold and a 10 % alert threshold.
In Saint-Martin, the positivity rate over the past week is 22,7 %, above the alert threshold.
In Saint-Barthélemy, the positivity rate over the past week is 3,45 %, still below the threshold of vigilance.
Virus traffic in the territory:
Virus circulation is still very active in our territory.
The latest clusters identify that virus transmission is not exclusively in public places, but very often in the private sphere (family events) or in the professional sphere (at your workplace).
Our seniors are particularly affected by the serious forms of disease. Let's all be particularly vigilant when we visit them, whether it's at home, or in the EHPAD.
Fragile people, often carrying chronic diseases, must protect themselves imperatively thanks to barrier gestures but also by refusing physical contact (hugs, hugs...). In case of symptoms, these people are invited to contact their doctor from the first time signals.
The RIPOSTE COVID-19 platform, in connection with the partners of health insurance (CGSS) and public health France is doing a very important survey work to identify contact cases and for requests for information on screening procedures (difficulties for appointments with laboratories, contact details of screening centres, schedule of travelling screening in the municipalities, screening for metropolis or Antilles flights, preventive measures to be put in place in companies and procedures to have employees tested, the conduct to be kept for contacts, requests for screening in public or private establishments...).
The platform processes a large number of calls (675 calls from August 28 to September 3)