PHILIPSBURG:---The Chuchubi Foundation commemorated Aruba Flag Day on March 18th, 2019. The program of the celebration consisted of a morning service at the Philipsburg Methodist Church where the Church was presented with a donation by the President of the Foundation, Ms. Terry Woods.
As customary, the Foundation made use of this celebration to honor a person of Arubian background who has distinguished his or her self in the community of Sint Maarten.
This year the honor fell to Mrs. Richelda Rodriquez-Emmanuel for her service in the area of Social Welfare.
Some highlights of her accomplishments:
• Project leader of the establishment of Safe Heaven and Women’s Desk;
• Worked with the Government of Sint Maarten as a policy advisor, Program Manager and Director of the Court of Guardianship;
• Board member of REDA Social-representing SXM for the financing of NGO’s projects;
• As one of the founding members and current chairperson of the Sint Maarten Development Fund Foundation;
• As Current Branch Manager for the Joint Court of Justice.
The Honorable President of Parliament, Mrs. Sarah Westcott-Williams addressed the gathering at both functions, after explaining her affinity with Aruba, she congratulated the Arubians on their special day.
A “Meet & Greet Get-Together” followed with musical entertainment by DJ Ezie Rick at which time refreshments & cake were served and the well-known Arubian snack “Sacu” was available on sale.
The Chuchubi Foundation thanked everyone for coming out and supporting their two events and look forward to seeing them at their future events.
The Board of the Chuchubi Foundation