MP Emmanuel says St. Maartener’s must hold key positions --- Calling for the Acting Head to be appointed as Director.
PHILIPSBURG:--- MP Christopher Emmanuel is calling on the Minister of VROMI and the two board members of the Kadastre office to appoint the acting head Marcia Peterson- Richardson as Director of the Kadastre office.
MP Emmanuel said its time that St. Maartener’s get the opportunity to take up key positions on St. Maarten, he said Peterson Richardson is already the acting head of the Kadastre office.
MP Emmanuel said based on information he received is that one of the board members that are currently working at one of the island’s bank wants to leave his job and take up the position as director while someone from the Netherlands who is heading the Kadastre office there called the Kadastre office on Friday informing them that he is going on retirement and he intends to apply for the vacant position at St. Maarten’s Kadaster Office. Emmanuel said that the person from the Netherlands went as far as telling the acting head of the department that he believes the former director Clemens Roos left the Kadaster’s Office in disarray and they would definitely need his assistance.
Emmanuel said he has nothing against people from other countries but St. Maarteners must be given the opportunity to work in key positions especially if they are qualified. MP Emmanuel said he went as far as checking to see if Peterson Richardson is qualified for the position. He said he obtained the young woman’s resume which he submitted for publication so that everyone could see that the person he is supporting is not just St. Maartener but a qualified St. Maarten female.
Marcia S. Peterson-Richardson
Airport Road 37, Simpson Bay
St. Maarten, Dutch Caribbean
Mobile: +1(721) 588 5002
1991 – 1997
Milton Peters College, St. Maarten, Dutch Caribbean
1999 – 2003
Bachelor of Business Administration (HBO)
The Hague University of Professional Education, International Business and Management Studies, The Hague, the Netherlands
2012 – 2015
Master of Business Administration with Merit
The University of Liverpool, International Business and Management Studies, Liverpool, England
2009 – Linkels & Van Wilgen
Human Resource Manager and Highlights Antillean Labor Law
2010 – Bureau Educa R.R.R.
Introduction Course to Civil Law of the Netherlands Antilles, Phase 1 and 2
1997 - 1999 N.C. Wathey Insurances N.V.
Administrative Assistant and Cashier
• Process motor vehicle applications and amendments to policies.
• Cashier for policy payments.
2003 – 2008 NAGICO N.V.
Administrative Assistant of the Accounting Department
- Record, update and reconcile all entries for the preparation of the Trial Balance & Fixed Assets Schedule. Tasks refer to Banking, Accounts payable, Accounts receivable, Purchase orders, and General ledger.
- Cashier for all bank & internal payments and NAGICO Life policy payments.
- Prepare various spread sheets for year-end-audit.
- Maintain all files and records related to the job function.
2008 – present Stichting Kadaster- en Hypotheekwezen St. Maarten
Bookkeeper/Administrator 2008 – 2009
Financial Manager 2009 – present
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Budget report.
- Prepare Financial Statements for Management and the Supervisory Board.
- Record all Accounts Payable transactions and make payments.
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable account. Send monthly statements to all account holders with open balances. Report all delinquent debtors to the Director.
- Prepare the monthly Payroll and make Tax and Social Premiums payments.
- Reconcile all General Ledger Accounts.
- Oversee the Annual Audit and provide assistance to the auditing acountant.
- Approve and record all Certificates of Admeasurement.
- Assist the Hypotheekbewaarder (Registrar) in the approval of Deeds and the maintenance of the Registry.
- Assume the function of Deputy Director and Hypotheekbewaarder when necessary.
Human Resources Manager 2009 - present
- Maintain all personnel files.
- Prepare and conduct evaluations along with the management team.
- Maintain a sufficient inventory level of office supplies.
- Other related duties that are assigned by the Director.
- Microsoft Office Applications – Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Intuit QuickBooks Accounting Program
- Payroll Pro Program
- KadSys Land Registration System
English: Native proficiency
Dutch: Professional working proficiency