PHILIPSBURG:--- The Ministry of Finance informs the community that the Tax Administration Sint Maarten Inspectorate Department will have the 2012 Income Tax Return Form available as of April 5, 2013.
Based on Article 7, Section 1 of the General Ordinance on Federal taxes, the tax return has to be submitted to the Inspector of Taxes within two months after the April 5, 2013 date of issue which falls on June 5, 2013.
A request for extension must be submitted before June 5, 2013, and a valid reason should be stated in the request.
This year the Income Tax Return Form is also available via the online services of the Government of St. Maarten: http://onlineservices.sintmaartengov.org. Persons should also note that the 2012 Income Tax Return Form cannot be filed online.
Persons who do not have access to the internet can pass at the Tax Administration, Vineyard Building for assistance in obtaining the 2012 Income Tax Return Form.
An information session with respect to the procedure to request an E-login and how to download the Income Tax Return form, will take place on Thursday, April 4 at the Belair Community Center, Cay Hill, from 7:00pm to 9:00pm. Additional sessions will be held.
You are requested to apply for an E-login as follow:
1) Go to http://onlineservices.sintmaartengov.org,
2) Select the E-login request in the upper right hand corner,
3) Complete the E-login request: For the field, select your account type, you have to select "person".
After which you will fill in the remaining fields. The * will indicate the required fields.
4) After the request is completed, press "Submit Request",
5) If the request was successfully submitted, you will see the following message: "You have successfully submitted your request for an e-login, you will receive an mail in order to enable your account". The email which you will receive will be from the Public Service Center and will be sent to the email address which you have stated in the E-login request.
How to download the 2012 Income Tax Return Form:
1) In the email you will receive your username and password.
2) Click on "click here" where it is stated in the email in order to complete the registration.
This takes you to the login screen.
3) Type in your password and press "Log in now".
4) Select: Download declaration forms.
5) Fill in CRIB nr. and Surname; Select year (which is 2012) ; Select: Income Tax and press "Search" .
6) Press on the "pdf file" and download form.
The form will be downloaded with your name and CRIB nr.
Those who would like additional information can call: 520-4643 or 520-4640.